Invasive plants have a multitude of impacts on plant communities through their direct and indirect effects on soil chemistry and ecosystem function.
Weed Control is the process of applying a chemical or weed control product to areas where weeds have encroached onto pavements, runways, car parks to remove them leaving a clean surface.
Selective weed control is the process of treating usually grass areas eg: sports pitches and paddocks with chemicals that control weeds leaving the grass unaffected.
If you are based in Somerset, Wiltshire and other surrounding Counties and need some help with weed control, we can help.
- The control of weeds in a large range of situations from car parks, paved areas and kerbs with Glyphosate to leave a lasting impression
- Moss and algae control on runways and other paved areas
- Selective control of weeds in sports and recreation fields, lawns, grassland and scrub with weed wiper & boom sprayer
- Control of nuisance weeds such as Ragwort (by hand pulling and weed wiper) Japanese Knot Weed Himalayan Balsam and Rhododendron
- Complete spraying service for amenity (playing field, footpath and public spaces), agriculture, councils and forestry
- Consultant services and control programs
- Control of weeds in Woodland and Forestry
- Hedgerow weed control
- Horse Paddocks and Gallops weed control
- Control of weeds in Water - Pond, lake, stream river, reeds and rushes
- Agricultural weed control – all crops, grass margins and buildings
We choose the most appropriate methods for weed control according to your brief. These may include the following, which will be fitted with the appropriate nozzle for the work.
- Controlled droplet application in public areas
- Knapsack or ATV mounted Hand Lance
- 6 metre ATV mounted ‘throw jet’- suitable for inaccessible sites
- 1, 2 and 6 metre boom ATV mounted or ATV trailed
- 12- 36m self-propelled high clearance
Weed Wiping is an environmentally sensitive method of chemical weed control.
The Weed Wiper wipes herbicide directly onto the weed leaf ensuring that only the target weeds are treated. This reduces herbicide waste so saving costs. It is especially appropriate for use in Environmentally Sensitive Areas, in Countryside Stewardship Schemes, Entry Level and Higher Level field margins.
Our Specialist Equipment Includes:
Quad Sprayer - four wheel quad bike fitted with an on-board sprayer, with either a 3m boom for sports pitches and paddocks or a hand-lance for spot treatment of weeds such as buttercups, nettles, docks and ragwort.
Bateman RB55 Crop Sprayer - 36m wide - seen below treating a runway for moss and algae prior to resurfacing works; also used for arable crops and larger areas of grass.
Weed Wiper - mounted on 3 point tractor this applies very small amounts of concentrated chemical to weeds where blanket spraying is not required or would damage the flora and fauna. Great for ragwort and thistle control on SSSI sites.
A Selection Of Our Current Work
- Treating arable crops across Wiltshire for farmers/ growers/ landscapers even a runway !
- Is it a bird, is it a plane? No it’s one of Conservation Contractors three Bateman Sprayers working in a crop in the summer.
- Weed control for Wiltshire County Council completed in good time due to dry weather covering most towns across the county - all kerb edges treated with herbicide to control weeds growing through the kerb edge and around traffic islands. This is carried out with a fleet of quad bikes and operators walking.
Details of other work involving weed control can be found on our news page here
We operate with qualified staff and offer a professional weed control service
All staff undertaking weed control are trained and assessed by the National Proficiency Training Council (NPTC) and are members of the NRoSO (National Register of Sprayer Operators) and carry full NPTC & NRoSO Cards
All our equipment is tested under the National Sprayer Testing Scheme (NSTS), ensuring efficiency and reduced waste.