Qualified Tree Surgeons and Arborists
We undertake all aspects of tree surgery in Wiltshire and neighbouring counties, from shaping and felling, light pruning of the smallest trees and shrubs, to reducing, dismantling or removal of the largest storm damaged tree, all carried out with a cheerful and reliable professionalism.
We are members of the Arboricultural Association and the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (Chas), and all our tree work is carried out to:
- BS 3998:2010 Tree work. Recommendations
- BS 5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations
- BS 3936-1:1992 Nursery Stock Specification for trees and shrubs
All of this combines to bring you peace of mind when choosing a company to undertake your tree work. Full details of our accreditations may be found here.
Please see our glossary of terms and definitions if you’re unsure about any wording relating to tree surgery.
Commercial, Domestic and Highway Tree Surgery
Our arboricultural work includes:
- Tree Felling, Tree and Sectional Dismantling, Decayed Tree removal
- Tree Pruning, tree thinning, tree crown reductions – lifting and thinning, tree pollarding, tree coppicing
- Tree inspections, risk/hazard assessments and surveys
- 24-hour emergency call-out service
- Tree Stump Grinding and removal - The final and often forgotten-about step in removing a tree, the grinding of stumps to below ground level, then raked level and seeded, like it was never there!
- Specialist tree planting, tree and hedge management
- Advice on maintenance requirements and tree pest control
- Advising on tree diseases, such as ash dieback and discussing future removal of infected trees - see surveys
- Woodland management and biodiversity planning.
- Site clearance
- Removal of Japanese Knot Weed and Rhododendron - see weed control
“I’m very happy to recommend William Warden and his tree team. What a great bunch of guys – it just works with the team all being ambassadors for William’s business – courteous, thoughtful, empathetic to the environment and not noisy. And, of course, highly skilled in their work.
Good job done. Thank you. If anyone would like to speak to me personally, then happy to do so”.
Read our Case Study .
Kieran Pierce, Easterton
A Selection Of Recent Tree and Hedge Work
- Dismantling a group of 12 x 120ft poplar trees - watch video
- Removal of self-set Alder trees around a lake
- Reduction and removal of sycamores in Devizes
- Dismantle lime trees, Bishops Canning - watch the video - action in last few seconds!
- Reduction and crown lifting to two large oak trees in Trowbridge Cemetery
- Tree Reductions in Westbury needing Chapter 8 traffic control
- Hedge Trimming at Manton, Marlborough
- Removal of two large Leyland Cypress Trees in Easterton Sands, Devizes
- Reduction of Hornbeam in Netherhampton
- Dismantle failing beech tree in Calne
- Dismantling Trees at Tidworth
- Pollarding willows in Cricklade
Details of other Tree Surgery work may be found our news page
How We Reach Those Difficult Areas
Our Unimog - one of the range of multi-purpose auto four-wheel drive medium trucks produced by Mercedes-Benz –has a wood chipper on the back with a 1.5 ton capacity, so we're up for any tricky off-road areas you may have.
Our ‘go anywhere’ tracked chipper allows us not only off road but also to meet the majority of challenges where we’re needed to get into difficult areas. Whether narrow, uneven or sloping ground, soft ground conditions, we will be able to help.
We have our own MEWP (mobile elevated work platform) which is particularly useful for cutting high hedges and carrying out tree surgery where there is restricted access. - view MEWP page
Our 360⁰ digger is perfect for the removal of individual trees, eg self-set alder trees - watch video
Our Dymax tree shear makes quick work of felled trees - watch video
Reverse-drive Valtra with roof-mounted timber crane, which allows us to move large pieces of timber with relative ease.
Recycled Tree and Wood Waste
We always recycle our felled timber – recently it was used as part of a horse trial course and when chipped, it has been used by local farms on their cow tracks. If you need some wood chip, please get in touch.
We take into account everything we produce, as what the client would consider waste we are able to recycle in some form or another, eg
- Timber - processing for future use as board and structural building materials, carving, logs.
- Woodchip - garden mulch, compressed into pellets or loose for biomass boilers, rotted down and added as soil improver, or off by lorry to fire the power stations for fuel. .
Nothing is EVER sent to landfill.
If you are looking for an experienced team of tree surgeons in Wiltshire, Bath, B&NES, Bristol, Berkshire, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Somerset, Swindon and the South and West, whether you are responding to storm damage, health and safety/public access, or have a routine enquiry, if you would like a no nonsense quote please get in touch.
Where common sense is still common