Accreditations, Health and Safety
At Conservation Contractors we believe in safe working practices for both our clients and staff. We have approved Contractor Status and Qualified Staff.
- modern arboricultural techniques
- the safest working practices
- modern rigging techniques to ensure controlled falling of branches
We are accredited to ISO standards for the following areas of their Assessment Scope:
- Tree Surgery Contracting
- Forestry Contracting
- Tree Consulting
ISO certification is a seal of approval that we run to international standards developed and published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in these three areas.
- ISO 14001: 2015 – Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 45001: 2018 - Health and Safety Management Systems
- ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality Management Systems
We are inspected annually for all of these accreditations and we are one of only a very few contractors in Wiltshire to be accredited thus.
We are also a Trust Mark accredited company – which means we work to government endorsed standards, and we also operate to the FISA and AFAG guidelines.
We have framework agreements with the Forestry Commission for the inspection of infected trees across the South West, including felling and sampling thereof. We also have framework agreements in place with Dorset and Hampshire County Councils.
Conservation Contractors have approved contractor status with both the Arboricultural Association (ARB) and the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (Chas), as well as being members of ConstructionLine.
Our fully qualified arborists have the following qualifications and experience:
- Our Tree Surgeons are trained and assessed in all aspects of tree works and chainsaw use by the National Proficiency and Training Council (NPTC)
- All staff undertaking weed control are trained and assessed by the National Proficiency Training Council (NPTC) and are members of the NRoSO (National Register of Sprayer Operators)
- Our lifting equipment is inspected under the LOLER regulations every six months. (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) which covers all of our equipment that lifts a person
- Our equipment is tested under the National Sprayer Testing Scheme (NSTS), ensuring efficiency and reduced waste
- Lantra is a leading awarding body for land-based and environmental training courses and qualification from chainsaws to tractor driving, ground care to 4x4 driving
All of this combines to bring you peace of mind when choosing a company to undertake your tree work