Conservation Contractors will help you from the start of your project right through to completion and aftercare. You can choose us knowing that your fencing and/or gates will be fitted to extremely high standards by qualified staff with years of experience. All aspects of fencing are catered for from a single fence panel to a whole new housing development from agricultural to equestrian to commercial to security.
Whether as part of your routine maintenance programme, as a result of storm damage, for additional security or just for aesthetic improvement, no job is too large or small and we are happy to supply a no- obligation estimate.
We can undertake security fencing with palisade mesh, stock fencing, equestrian fencing, agricultural fencing, post & rail fencing, traditional parkland fencing, picket fencing , domestic close board fencing, electric tape fencing, marker rail fencing, pheasant pens, deer fencing, newt fencing, reptile fencing.
“The team who cam out were very polite and efficient and left the site clean and tidy. I was impressed that a couple of day after completion, William came to check I was happy with the job. I would be happy to recommend Conservation Contractors”.
For full details of the work carried out here, please see our news page
A selection of recent fencing work
- Equestrian: 450m post and rail with double-sided electric on top of the post and rail to stop horses arguing with each other over the fence and damaging themselves or the fence. The fence itself was constructed from pressure treated creosote timber as we still find this the most durable and long lasting timber product on the market. It can be unpleasant to work with but has the added advantage that the horses will not chew it either!
- Equestrian: 1000 metres of post and rail with gates and electric erected for international 3 day eventer to give increased turn out for extra horses
- 3m high security fencing with 2.8m palisade mesh: We erected high prison grade 3m security fencing for Wessex Water for their new pumping station in Dorset which gives a new pipe line to Salisbury. Also a 2.8 palisade mesh around the green tanks. Security is naturally of key importance, and this type of security fencing makes it near impossible to break into/climb up. It took us a couple of weeks but a good job well done. This type of fencing is used where a higher level of security is needed from a standard agricultural fencing, and can be especially popular with schools and industrial sites because of high damage resistance and the fact that it is so difficult to climb
- Agricultural: erecting 2000m stock netting on the edge of Salisbury plain to stop people walking into the danger area of the Plain. The job needed our post drivers and a good eye!
- Agricultural: 90 metres of creosoted post and rail to keep animals safely in and the general public out
- Domestic Close Board
- Constructing extensions to pheasant pens
Details of other Fencing Work can be found on our news page
Our Specialist Equipment Includes:
Evo2 - tracked self-propelled post driver from Protech. A full-spec machine able to carry posts and wire, and which makes no mess. Perfect for access, steep terrain and wet ground conditions, fitted with self-levelling mast, rock spikes, winch for tensioning wire and blade to level fence line.
Also, as a back-up, we have two tractors fitted with post drivers for busy periods to meet customer demand.