Qualified Tree Surgeons and Arborists
We undertake all aspects of tree surgery in Wiltshire and neighbouring counties, from shaping and felling, light pruning of the smallest trees and shrubs, to reducing, dismantling or removal of the largest storm damaged tree, all carried out with a cheerful and reliable professionalism. If you are looking for an experienced team of tree surgeons in Wiltshire, Somerset, Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire or Oxfordshire then please do give us a call.
We are members of the Arboricultural Association and the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (Chas), and all our tree work is carried out to:
- BS 3998:2010 Tree work. Recommendations
- BS 5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations
- BS 3936-1:1992 Nursery Stock Specification for trees and shrubs
Our fully qualified arborists are trained and assessed in all aspects of tree works by the National Proficiency and Training Council (NPTC).
All of this combines to bring you peace of mind when choosing a company to undertake your tree work. Full details of our accreditations may be found here.
“I have just used Conservation Contractors for a second time to fell a willow over the pond, prune a eucalyptus and carry out a reduction on a walnut tree. They turn up when they say they will and just get on with what they have to do. They are completely professional but at the same time friendly and informal.
They cut up the usable timber into logs so I now have plenty of firewood and mulched the brushwood for which my chickens are very grateful. I can thoroughly recommend them”.
Jonathan Shortt, Potterne
Commercial, Domestic and Parkland Tree Surgery
Our Services Include:
- Tree Felling, Tree and Sectional Dismantling, Decayed Tree removal
- Tree Pruning, tree thinning, tree crown reductions – lifting and thinning, tree pollarding, tree coppicing
- Tree Stump Grinding and removal - The final and often forgotten-about step in removing a tree, the grinding of stumps to below ground level, then raked level and seeded, like it was never there!
Other Arboricultural Work Includes:
- Tree inspections, risk/hazard assessments and surveys
- 24-hour emergency call-out service
- Specialist tree planting, tree and hedge management
- Advice on maintenance requirements and pest control
- Advising on tree diseases, such as ash dieback and discussing future removal of infected trees - see surveys
- Woodland management and biodiversity planning.
- Site clearance
- Removal of Japanese Knot Weed and Rhododendron - see weed control
A Selection Of Recent Tree Work
- Removing 30 cherry trees and their stumps so that the remaining limes could thrive better
- Removing a 70m conifer hedge as it was impacting on the adjacent roadway
- 600m hedge trimming around the gardens so it was done by hand with just a hedge trimmer
- Dismantling a 100ft lime
- Reducing 3 willows on Crown Estate land
- Removal of 10 trees and 150 yards of conifer hedging
- Dismantling a group of 12 x 120ft poplar trees - watch video
- Removal of self-set Alder trees around a lake
Details of other Tree Surgery work may be found our news page
How We Reach Those Difficult Areas
Our Unimog - one of the range of multi-purpose auto four-wheel drive medium trucks produced by Mercedes-Benz –has a wood chipper on the back with a 1.5 ton capacity, so we're up for any tricky off-road areas you may have.
Our ‘go anywhere’ tracked chipper allows us not only off road but also to meet the majority of challenges where we’re needed to get into difficult areas. Whether narrow, uneven or sloping ground, soft ground conditions, we will be able to help.
We have our own MEWP (mobile elevated work platform) which is particularly useful for cutting high hedges and carrying out tree surgery where there is restricted access. - view MEWP page
Our 360⁰ digger is perfect for the removal of individual trees, eg self-set alder trees - watch video
Our Dymax tree shear makes quick work of felled trees - watch video
Recycled Tree and Wood Waste
We always recycle our felled timber – recently it was used as part of a horse trial course and when chipped, it has been used by local farms on their cow tracks. If you need some wood chip, please get in touch.
We take into account everything we produce, as what the client would consider waste we are able to recycle in some form or another, eg
- Timber - processing for future use as board and structural building materials, carving, logs.
- Woodchip - garden mulch, compressed into pellets or loose for biomass boilers, rotted down and added as soil improver.
Nothing is EVER sent to landfill.