Accreditations, Health and Safety
Approved Contractor Status and Qualified Staff
At Conservation Contractors we believe in safe working practices for both our clients and staff. We use:
- modern arboricultural techniques
- the safest working practices
- modern rigging techniques to ensure controlled falling of branches
Conservation Contractors have approved contractor status with both the Arboricultural Association (ARB) and the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (Chas), as well as being members of ConstructionLine. We are inspected annually for all of these accreditations which gives you, the customer, assurance that the work being undertaken and the staff are working to a BS standard. We are one of only a very few contractors in Wiltshire to be accredited thus.
We are also a Trust Mark accredited company – which means we work to government endorsed standards, and we also operate to the FISA and AFAG guidelines.
All our tree work is carried out to:
- BS 3998:2010 Tree work. Recommendations
- BS 5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – Recommendations
- BS 3936 - 1:1992 Nursery Stock Specification for trees and shrubs
We have framework agreements with the Forestry Commission for the inspection of infected trees across the South West, including felling and sampling thereof. We also have framework agreements in place with Dorset and Hampshire County Councils.
Our team have the following qualifications and experience:
- Our Tree Surgeons are trained and assessed in all aspects of tree works and chainsaw use by the National Proficiency and Training Council (NPTC)
- All staff undertaking weed control are trained and assessed by the National Proficiency Training Council (NPTC) and are members of the NRoSO (National Register of Sprayer Operators)
- Our lifting equipment is inspected under the LOLER regulations every six months. (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) which covers all of our equipment that lifts a person
- Our equipment is tested under the National Sprayer Testing Scheme (NSTS), ensuring efficiency and reduced waste
- Lantra is a leading awarding body for land-based and environmental training courses and qualification from chainsaws to tractor driving, ground care to 4x4 driving